Ground meat is a versatile one and costs less than a whole piece of meat. The taste is no less delicious than whole meat. In traditional markets and supermarkets, there are usually two types of ground beef, regular and special. The difference lies in the composition of meat and fat. While for special ground beef, the ratio is 95: 5. One kilogram of ground beef contains 950 grams of meat and 50 grams of fat. Fatty ground beef will be red and white. Those that are not fatty are only red. Aside from that, if your meat grinder at home is actually damaged, you can visit a commercial meat grinder parts store right away so you can repair is soon.
Usually, the ground meat is the hump (blade), quadriceps (chuck), brisket, and flank. Minced meat is usually preferred by children, as its soft texture makes it easier to chew. Versatile ground beef can be processed into a variety of dishes. Starting from meatballs in spaghetti, stir fry, fried chili sauce, and many more.
In processing ground beef, there are several things that you should pay attention to, such as:
– Do not freeze meat in its original packaging
– The packaging of the traditional market or supermarket is too thin to protect the meat from cold stinging the freezer
– Wrap the ground beef in waxed paper or aluminum foil, then put it in an airtight bag to maintain the quality of the meat
– Don’t forget to give the date you packed it.
Preparation and processing
– Once the meat has come out of the freezer, do not freeze it by placing it in the microwave
– The microwave will cook the outside of the meat and make it tough before the meat is completely thawed
– Avoid putting ground beef in a cold frying pan. This will cause it to stick to the bottom of the pan
– Heat a tablespoon of oil in a frying pan before adding ground beef.
– Strain the ground beef after frying. The ground beef produces water when cooked, sifting it to ensure the correct consistency of the recipe
– Do not wash ground beef before or after cooking
– Washing it before cooking will not remove bacteria. Meanwhile washing it after cooking will remove all the taste.